To find the budgeting module, simply click the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen, then click on budgeting.
If you don't see the budgeting menu, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that it be turned on for you.
How to Use It!
To create your first budget, click "Add New Budget" located at the top right corner of the screen.
You'll then be prompted to fill out the new budget form.
1. The first item on the form allows you to select which location, department, etc you are creating this budget for.
2. Once a budget is selected, you move onto the "Start Date". This will pick what day you'd like this budget to become "active".
3. Next on the form is the "Budget Length". This will let you select how many days you want the budget to account for (7 days is the most common selection here). For each day you select here, you'll have one additional field toward the bottom to fill out.
4. After that, you have the roll over check box. Selecting this will roll this budget over until the specified "End Date".
5. Next is the status field. This shows you whether the budget is current active or inactive. For auditing purposes, you can't delete a budget once it's created. However, you can inactivate it so it's hidden from your view.
6. After that, you have the "End Date". This field is optional. If left blank with the roll over option turned on, the budget would roll over indefinitely. Depending on which internet browser you're using, you might need to highlight the date with your mouse and press the back space key to clear the date out.
7. Finally, you have the section where you enter the values for your budget.
8. The "Hours" column specifies how many hours you'd like to budget for that day. The "Amount" column specifies how much money should be budgeted toward that day. The "Sales" column specifies a dollar amount that you'd like to hit. However, you don't need to limit yourself to just that. You can repurpose this field however you see fit.
Once all fields are filled out, press save and the budget is finished being setup!
Now that you have setup a budget, you will be provided with additional useful information on the scheduler (located under employees --> list view).
If you look at the very bottom of the scheduler, you should now see the completed budget row. Now you'll know how close you are to your targets!
You'll also now be able to use some useful reports!
These reports can be found by clicking the reporting tab and selecting budgets. If you don't see this option, please email email@example.com for assistance!
Please click here to give us your thoughts on this article!