Web-Punch Employee Instructions
If you would like to see a video demonstration of this information below, please find that here.
How to Login:
Open the web browser of choice and navigate to this address: https://my.timeco.com or find our app on your phone via the app stores.
- Username will vary depending on your company but generally, it will be a company prefix followed by first initial and last name. If you are unsure, please consult with your payroll/hr department.
- Example: CompanyABC/JSmith
- Passwordis the date of birth in the MYYYY format. For example, February 2nd would be 21970 (do not include leading zeros on single digits).
- An employee may change their password from this same login page, using the link at the bottom.
- If an employee forgets their password, they may select and it will be emailed to them using the email address that we have on file (entered upon hire).
The employee Dashboard will show various metrics for the current week, along with the PTO/Vacation/Sick balance:
To punch in or out, select the button and the current time will be added to the timecard.
An employee may also enter some comments in the comments box along with the punch. The employee’s supervisor will see these comments when approving the timecard.
If an employee works in various “Work Segments” throughout the day, they may change the Position or Project fields as seen below.
Please note, the names of the segments will change, depending on the company setup. For example, an employee may see Location, Department, Job, Division, etc.
*Important Note* – if an employee is already punched in for the day, changing the Segment will clock them out and back in. There is no need to punch out first. By changing the work segment, an employee will effectively ‘move’ to the alternate work area:
An employee may review their punch history by clicking the Pay Date Range at the top right of the timecard:
The timecard will display the punches for the current pay period with a grand total at the bottom:
An employee may click Submit and sign the timecard digitally. By submitting the timecard, the employee is agreeing that it is accurate and correct to the best of their knowledge at this date and time.
Additional Employee Options
Employees may select the icon at the top right corner to display other options:
This area will allow employees to review the hours that they are supposed to be working Daily/Weekly/Monthly. These scheduled hours are entered by the supervisor or system admin.
- If an employee does not punch in/out as expected, it may trigger an exception that the supervisor can see (Late/Early Arrival/Departure or Absent). The triggering of these rules would depend on the setup of each company.
If an employee works outside of their scheduled time, an exception will be flagged on the time card. For example a Late Arrival (L):
Missing Punch Correction:
If an employee forgets to punch in or out, they may submit a missing punch request to be approved by their supervisor. Note, this is sent to their main supervisor:
My Leave Request:
This section allows an employee to review and submit time off requests.
Available Hours – allows an employee to view their current balance (as of this very moment) and click the small calendar icon to review the history associated with this leave request category:
The My Leave Request area allows the employee to review current, future, and previous time-off requests.
An employee may cancel their request if the request remains submitted (unapproved) or even if the request was approved already. To cancel a request, select the requested date, and click the Cancel icon () in the right column.
New Request – click the button at the top right of the main leave request area to submit a new request.
- Choose the Leave Request Type for Vacation, PTO, Sick, etc. This depends on the options available to the employee.
- Select the calendar iconthen select the days via the calendar popup.
- Ensure the proper hours are entered per day in the form:
- Select at the bottom of the form, and the request will be emailed to the supervisor(s) for approval.
- The employee may track this request from the My Leave Request area, and they will also be notified by email once the request is approved/declined.